Nike Women's Fitness 5K - June 2010

Nike Women's Fitness 5K - June 2010
Walked this course in 2009 - walked and partially ran the course in 2010.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 3 Day 2 - Stressfully Difficult Week!

This has been a very tough week for me with running and personal things as well.  Monday started off great, but on Wednesday I slept a good part of the day and didn't do my second day of running.

Fast forward to today - I did Day 2 today of Week 3 and I made it - today I tried something a bit different.  Instead of walking/running all the way to Highway 108, I did the first 90 second run/walk and then the first 3 minute run/walk and then turned around to head back towards the house, thereby bypassing one of the larger hills (although I still had one large hill)...which got me to thinking that with starting to do a full 5 minute run next week, Week 4, maybe I ought to rethink my route a bit and try to time it so that I am not running those 5 minutes on the hills, even if it means doubling back and/or repeating parts of my route.

I am SOOOOOOOO S - L - O - W when I am running - not that I expected to be faster than a speeding bullet like Superman or anything -- but when I was doing the 3 minute run up the hill today and Monday it felt like I was walking but with more energy, lifting my legs higher or something.  I sure hope I get better at it.  Well, okay, if I can just FINISH the C25K program from start to finish and run a 5K the whole way, no matter how slow, I can certainly say I have accomplished something!

One more day this week, then on to Week 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment